Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Baked Creamy Leeks


1.75 lb leeks
2 cloves of garlic
2 pats of butter
1 lug of olive oil
6 sprigs of fresh thyme
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper

I had 2 leeks, and about a cup of heavy cream from my Chicken and Leek Stroganoff I made earlier this week. So, I saw this recipe and thought I'd give it a shot. This recipe makes a great side dish. I went to a friend's house, who was cooking chicken casserole, and this made a great side. The only thing I had to buy was Thyme (buy it fresh), and it was only a couple dollars (free if you have an herb garden). I already had the other ingredients on hand.
This was really good! Very creamy and cheesy. Definitely not a low fat recipe, with the heavy cream and cheese, but not too terrible since the ingredients are natural. It was a little 'liquidy', so I took a few spoonfuls of the cream out. It's probably because I needed some more leeks. He called for 1.75 pounds of leeks. I didn't have anything to weigh them, so I just used 2 leeks, not sure if that was enough or not. Jamie didn't give an exact pan size. I used a regular pie pan and it worked perfect. Just so you know, this recipe didn't make a whole lot, it's only about 1 inch thick. But it was enough for 4 of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment